And maybe the NFL should have a No Celebrity Girlfriends At the Game Rule.
* I bet a lot of people lost a ton of money on this game. Without bothering to look up the numbers, my guess is that most people saw the Pats and the Over as the value plays of this game. I bet they didn't work out that well.
* Another great halftime show. Maybe it's just me, but the halftimes I remember from my youth were nothing but empty spectacle with some Top 40 Act of the Moment. Having Prince last year and Tom Petty this year was brilliant and actually very entertaining.
Plus, they seem to have done away with the "crowd for hire" rushing the field to be next to the stage. Maybe the camera was deceiving me, but those folks looked like normal people.
* I loved the gimmick of having the Fox Robot fighting the Terminator. Couldn't get enough of it.
* Most annoying family sports dynasty: the Williams sisters or the Mannings? Discuss.
* Ordinarily, I root against New York teams by default, particularly the Giants. Really, I can't stand the franchise.
But I was kind of thrilled to see them win this game because of recently departed Galley Friend Bryan Sierra, a monster Giants fan who passed away 10 days ago and wasn't able to hang on to see the game. At least, not here. For Bryan I say, go Big Blue.
Update: Galley Friend S.B. sends along a story saying that bookies actually got killed last night. Huh?
According to The Spread, 64 percent of the money bet online was placed on the Giants. Considering that the Super Bowl is traditionally the biggest betting event of the year and that's a whole lot of payouts for Sports Books.