Thursday, December 14, 2006

Great News, Sad News

Both from the same story. The sad news is that Lindsay Davenport announced yesterday that she has "no plans to play again." Davenport was an impossibly likeable player, one of the few grownups in the women's game, and a great champion. Hard not to love her.

The good news is that she's leaving the game just as she's become pregnant. Tell me this isn't the best way to retire:
"I hate the word 'retirement,' but this season was such a struggle physically for me, and I can't imagine playing again," Davenport said by phone from her home in Southern California. "I can't say there's any sadness, yet, about missing tennis. My life is with my husband and my future child.

"I feel like the second part of my life is about to begin, and I feel so lucky that if everything goes well, I'm able to go out like this. The timing couldn't be better," she said.

Good for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad news and good news, that is quite interesting. i think every coin has two sides. sometimes it is hard to tell whethere a thing is good or bad.
nfl jerseysnike dunks

critina said...

In a complicated society,it is difficult to distinguish between good or bad things.Different people have different opinions about the matter.Sometimes a negative side can be turned into positive aspect.
www.coiki.comwww.goocd.com