Thursday, December 04, 2008

Brief Political Aside

My friend Mike Goldfarb dresses down Marc Ambinder and the Atlantic, which is kind of great. But in the course of it, Goldfarb says that Ambinder is "well respected by Republicans and Democrats."

Is that really true? Maybe it is. Heck, it probably is. I don't know Ambinder and am not overly familiar with his work, but I do have a distinct memory of being in Nevada the week before the Nevada caucus and reading this post from him:

Why, precisely, do we, the media, not believe that John Edwards could win Nevada?

Because I think he could win Nevada...

Incidentally: my guess, based on what I've seen, heard and read, is that the results will bebunchedtogether and that no one will be able to declare victory.


The final results in Nevada were Clinton +5 with Edwards at 3 percent.

3 percent.

Having been around the state all that week, it was pretty obvious that there was no enthusiasm for Edwards anywhere, from anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THREE POINT EIGHT PERCENT! THREE POINT EIGHT PERCENT! US TUBBIES GOT EACH OTHAS BAXXX!!!

Anonymous said...

You mean you did actual reporting from a state instead of reading press releases and unreliable polling data, and that led to you having a more informed opinion on the subject? Whatever, dude. Blogs are the future.

(As an aside, the word I had to type in to the "word verification" feature was "butskin." For some--possibly juvenile--reason I find this incredibly humorous.)