Wednesday, March 12, 2008

American Idol Notes



Watched this season for the first time last night--and the first time ever in glorious high definition. A couple thoughts:

* In HD, Seacrest really does look gay. Nothing wrong with that, but now I finally get all the jokes. And if I've said it once, I'll say it a hundred times: He's an amazing talent. He presides over that show with total authority, managing movement, time, contestants, and stars so deftly that you barely notice the heavy lifting he's doing. I suspect that 50 years from now, he'll be looked on as a national TV treasure, like Dick Clark.

* I don't know about you, but I was really surprised to see Rogue competing--and without the long gloves or anything. It's really brave. Maybe she's trying to absorb Seacrest's powers? Or maybe she really did take The Cure . . .

1 comment:

NATHANIEL R said...

you know. you just might be right about Seacrest (the hosting part) and i hate myself for writing that.

Go Rogue! i didn't even know she could sing. Must have missed that issue.