Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Greatness of the Rowdy One

You probably didn't see it, but Roddy Piper guest hosted RAW this week and even though he was totally blotto by the end of the show, he still has spectacular stuff. I consider Piper one of the two greatest talkers in the history of wrestling, the other being Ric Flair. These top two slots are non-negotiable. But rounding out the rest of the top five is harder than I would have thought. I'd probably include Macho Man and The Rock. (Though I'm hesitant to include The Rock since his body of work is comparatively so small.) The fifth slot, then, is wide open. Galley Friend A.S. suggests Stone Cold. On the strength of this classic spot, I'm open to the idea:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fifth slot?.... the tower of power...The American Dream... Could it be Dusty Rhodes?

I parked his car once at a steak house in Florida. He did not tip...

Anonymous said...

I would have taken an eye gouge in lieu of a tip.