Thursday, May 05, 2005

Off to See the Sith

Many Galley readers might be wondering Where in the World is Jonathan V. Last? The answer, unfortunately, is that he is under the weather--so much so he is unable to get to a computer and post his usual intelligent blog items (as opposed to one that links Scotch to the Partridge Family). We all hope he gets better soon.

Jonathan was supposed to attend a screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith this afternoon. But because he is ill (and generous, I might add), I am going in his stead. I admit I am but a mere Paduan compared with my colleague. Why, I don't even own a cape. Nevertheless I am looking forward to what is supposedly (and thankfully) the best of the first three episodes, chock full of violence. But I am also hoping to see a lot more Natalie Portman. (Who doesn't?)

I guess the question remains, in the interest of this blog, whether or not I should mention potential spoilers or any details of the film, for that matter. Or perhaps I ought to simply give it a rating from 1-10? (1 being the Phantom Menace and 10 being the Empire Strikes Back.)

4 comments:

Matt said...

Best wishes that Jonathan get better.

But he'd better understand that he still is not excused from republishing/updating "The Case for the Empire"

Ralphie said...

How bout start with a rating, warn of coming spoilers, and then spoil? For those of us who have to wait til May 19 and want a choice.

James Wigderson said...

It's a prequel. Bad guys win. We already know.

Which raises an interesting point: if the best of the prequels takes places when the bad guys win, and the best of the original three was when the bad guys won, shouldn't we always root for the bad guys? Jonathan was right all along.

Ralphie said...

Vader will never get the credit for taking down the evil regime. His critics will say the regime was crumbling anyway, or that you don't impose a new republic, it has to be a movement of the people.