Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lil' Penny, RIP

Galley Friend B.W. sends along this sad report on the death of Lil'Penny:
St. Louis, MO – Li'l Penny Hardaway, who rose to fame in the early 1990’s as the diminutive television alter ego of then-Orlando Magic star Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway, was found dead Tuesday in the decrepit bathroom of a notorious East St. Louis crack house.

In my younger days, I used to tell people, "You can't guard me. The Secret Service couldn't guard me." Lil' Penny was an inspiration to us all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn, I was praying for Lil Penny to make a comeback and beat the crap out of Thirst.

Anonymous said...

Hey, why can't we love Lil Penny and Thirst? I like Thirst...
Show them my motto

That Dude said...

The sad thing is Lil Penny had a more lasting impact on us than Big Penny.

Anonymous said...

If Big Penny wasn't stuck playing along side or behind the human virus Stephon Slawbury(every team he leaves becomes winners and every team he joins becomes losers)NJ,Pho,Min,NY, all are prime examples of what happens when he joins a team and then when he leaves one. If Penny could be traded somewhere that can use his 6'7 frame and high basketball IQ you will see an old new Penny and hopefully the resurection of lil Penny.