Friday, April 28, 2006

Abate the Hate,
Increase the Peace

With the aid of Galley Brother B.J. I had a rant all worked up and ready for when Kobe Bryant won the MVP award. You'll just have to trust me when I tell you it was hot.

The gist was that while Kobe--the locus of all evil in professional sports--obviously deserved the MVP this year, it was travesty, because by this standard, Iverson should have won three or four MVPs in the late '90s and early '00s.

But instead, Steve Nash has won, for the second year in a row. If I had a vote, I would have cast it for Kobe. But Nash would have been my second choice. He's fabulous and a great MVP.

There's a lesson in all of this. But I'm from Philadelphia, so I refuse to learn it. I'll just hold on to my grudge until next year. Or the year after that. Sooner or later, the universe really will be conspiring against us.

And when it does, I'll be ready with that defense of Answer. Oh yes I will.

1 comment:

Michael said...

When I get into a "discussion" with somebody and I take it to a level of hate, rage and spite they've never seen before. They advise me that "You can't fill yourself up with that much hate and rage."

"I'm Irish and I'm from Philly - you have no idea how much hate and rage I can hold."