Friday, May 12, 2006

Unbreakable?

Doctors at Ascot Hospital discharged Keith Richards yesterday after he underwent surgery to relieve bleeding in his head. The 62-year-old guitarist had earlier fallen from a coconut tree in Fiji. Said Richards: "Personally I would like to thank everyone at Ascot Hospital for the truly wonderful care I received. From the doctors to the beautiful ladies who make painful nights less painful and shorter. I'm pretty much at a loss for words to express my deep gratitude. I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse--after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, Kiwis."

Further proof that Keith Richards is indestructible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vic,

you totally missed the point. You can't break Richards because he's ALREADY DEAD. Haven't you seen enough Zombie movies to know that zombies only die when you decapitate them or blow off their head with a powerful shotgun? Keef isn't unbreakable, he's merely the walking dead.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been reading the story closely, so I just keep asking myself, "What was a 62 year old Zombie doing up in a palm tree?" His vitality is remarkable, though. It must be all those complete blood transplants/transfusions I've heard he had to de-tox himself.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that Mr. Richards' is not long for this world. Tis a pity because he is the most likable along with Mr. Wood.