Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Quality of Life Issue

I used to listen to NPR, but they lost me about two years ago. It wasn't their politics that turned me off--it was my discovery of sports-talk radio in DC. During my morning drive, the local sports-talk network carried an ESPN radio show hosted by Tony Kornheiser which was the best radio program I've ever heard. Bar none.

Then something happened between Kornheiser and ESPN. They cancelled his radio show, he left the judges panel on the ESPN TV program Dream Job--it seemed as though they had turned on him.

But this morning Kornheiser is back. If you find yourself driving around the DC metro area in the mornings, do yourself a favor and click over to 980 AM. (You can also listen to Kornheiser's show online.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could also watch Pardon the Interuption on ESPN.
Or watch the new Jason Alexander show, which I think is based on Kornheiser.
But I wouldn't recommend that.

Anonymous said...

I read that Kornheiser dropped his syndicated ESPN radio show in order to concentrate on Pardon the Interruption, his ESPN t.v. show. He wasn't forced to drop it.

Anonymous said...

I read that Kornheiser dropped his syndicated ESPN radio show in order to concentrate on Pardon the Interruption, his ESPN t.v. show. He wasn't forced to drop it.