Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon in Las Vegas. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and a warm breeze was blowing down the Strip. I spent part of that day, however, hunkered down at the Aladdin Sports Book, watching the Redskins/Broncos game. Next to me and my wife sat a woman who was smoking up a storm, drinking beer, and watching the game while simultaneously playing video poker. Now that's what I call living.

With all the other games going on and fans yelling at Keyshawn Johnson who was yelling at Drew Bledsoe, it was hard to notice the security guard who came up to a man at the bar and told him to leave. Even though he wasn't bothering anyone, the old man was clearly getting blitzed and was just sitting there in a daze. Luckily he left before they called in Mr. Happy and a cattle prod.

I picked the Skins who lost (19-21) but beat the spread (Denver by 7).

No comments: