Thursday, June 02, 2005

Just Asking . . .

Would you like me to start blogging a list of free the stuff I get sent in the mail by book publishers, TV networks, film studios, etc.? I mean, that would be really useful for you, the reader, wouldn't it?

For example, a couple weeks ago Dyson sent me a big multimedia presentation about their new "Ball" vacuum cleaner. Then a French journalist sent me a book he just wrote. Then a publishing house sent me a couple books on Gen-X religion. Then National Geographic sent me a few videotapes of upcoming programs.

Isn't this edifying for you? Isn't this what the promise of the blogosphere is really about? Isn't it high time we had Citizen Journalists show the Old MSM how to do the job right?

I mean, Michael Dobbs never tells us what's in his mailbag, or when he's going to be on Kudlow & Company. And it's that kind of elitist arrogance that's going to bring down the Old Media.

3 comments:

LL said...

Indeed!

That Dude said...

i am SO about FREE Swag. Spread the word, the small blogs need FREE SWAG.

Dean Barnett said...

I would like more information on this Dyson "Ball" vacuum. How does it compare with a Miehle? Please inform.