Monday, August 28, 2006

Nerd Alert!

Fine. I admit it. As if I didn't have enough to do. While furniture shopping on Sunday, I happened to pop into an Apple store and happened to purchase almost on a lark Civilization III: Complete. First of all, because I have a G4 and not a G5 or a Mac with Intel, I could not get the highly acclaimed CivIV. Nevertheless. In CivIII: Complete, there are all sorts of new and exciting possibilities, such as playing the Carthaginians or the Spaniards or the Dutch, even. But, as Mr. Last would say, For who? For what? Playing at the Regent level, I find that my Ottomans are getting trounced everywhere they go, swordsmen dying at the hands of feeble archers. Everyone is ganging up on me. And who knew the Hittites were so badass? Am I missing something? (Besides a life.)

If anyone has tips or recommendations, don't be afraid to chime in. You can always post anonymously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think about dissing the Hittites. They'll smite thee with extreme prejudice, Matus. Three man chariots ar enot to be trifled with.

Awesome purchase. And as my Civ3 experience is with the gold version from about two years back my advice is to take your whupping like a man.

BUt on the off chance that when you have been irrevocably destroyed by your foes, learn from the mistakes. Keep your resupply lines clear. Expand but in a controlled way, the usuals.

Michael said...

Sell all your games and get a hooker. It will only change your life for the better.

Anonymous said...

he's right, get the hooker