Monday, March 07, 2005

Hitler Takes the Cake

Any revelations stemming from historian Joachim Fest's book, Hitler's Bunker: The Last Days of the Third Reich, this one anecdote from a secretary seems most bizarre: Hitler "would lie there, completely apathetic, thinking only of ... chocolate and cake. His craving for cake had become pathological. Before, he used to eat three pieces of cake at most, but now he had them fill his plate to overflowing three times."

As I've argued before, vegetarian lifestyles aren't always the healthiest...

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

I got very nervous reading your post, because I thought you were going to make a chocolate-Hitler connection. I can't tell you my relief when the ultimate dietary culprit in the post was cake, not chocolate and, even more than that, vegetarianism, not chocolate. It would be too terrible if I suddenly felt morally obligated to give up chocolate.

Anonymous said...

"Hitler Takes the Cake"???
at first i feel confused what you are going to tell. anywhere quite interesting.
nfl jerseysnike dunks