Monday, March 21, 2005

Keep Your Friends Close...

In case you missed this precious quote from Shaquille O'Neal, with regard to his playing alongside Penny Hardaway, then Kobe Bryant, and now Dwyane Wade:

The difference between those three is The Godfather trilogy. One is Fredo, who was never ready to have it handed over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man, and one is Michael, who, if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it over to Dwyane. I would love to see the ball in my hands, but I'm not the best player or shooter on this team. I don't mind handing it over to Michael Dwyane Corleone.

So Penny is Fredo and Kobe is Sonny? I wonder who else Shaq has in mind for, say, Luca Brasi? Or Moe Greene? Is David Stern really Hyman Roth?

2 comments:

Jay D. Homnick said...

Ah, who can forget Luca Brasi? The double-digit IQ in the service of the seven-digit income.

Years ago, when Paul Simon's wedding to Carrie Fisher was hailed as a great show-business match, I sought a way to communicate that the merger of two moribund careers was hardly a cause for great excitement.

So I wrote: "Paul Simon sleeps with the Fishers."

Anonymous said...

"rom Shaquille O'Nea"... from Sun Tzu actually.