Monday, March 21, 2005

Bracketology III

As I predicted earlier, today is a small triumph for me in the office pool. After getting 27 of the 32 first-round games, I got 12 of the Sweet 16--leaving me in first place overall in a pool of nearly 150 people.

It'll be nice while it lasts, because of the four Sweet 16 teams I missed, I had three of them (including my eventual winner) in my Final Four. Which leaves me with nearly zero chance of winning the pool. (Unless Michigan State beats Texas Tech in the final.)

In fact, I think there's a mathematical chance that I could finish the tournament dead last. Which is quite a feat. Anyone can win March Madness by simply finishing in first place, but it takes a work of singular genius to design a bracket which will carry you from first to worst.

No comments: