Thursday, January 04, 2007

Baby, have you ever wondered...

..wondered whatever became of me? I'm living on the air in Cincinnati. Cincinnati, WKRP. Okay, not really, but that's where I spent last weekend for a wedding and New Year's. It was my first trip to Porkopolis (and actually my first time in Ohio) and I enjoyed it very much. They like to eat in the Midwest. No, I didn't get a chance to sample the Skyline chili but I did have ribs, a skillet of eggs, bacon, onion, and cheese, and a wiener schnitzel. Coming from DC, it was almost disturbing just how friendly those Midwesterners are. They constantly ask if you are okay and if everything is alright. They look you in the eye and smile. And they give you their name and phone number and hotel room...

Anyway, a great town. I highly recommend visiting the bar at the Netherland Hotel (now a Hilton) and the Mount Adams bar & grill.

A few other things. I am in the midst of profiling Civilization creator Sid Meier. He couldn't have been a nicer guy. Almost Wallace Shawn-like. ("Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!") The interview will be part of a future piece but in case you are wondering, there is, he says, at least one cheat code. No, I couldn't get it out of him.

Secondly, has anyone else seen the Reuters story on the robot in South Korea that will aid in the delivery of babies? I believe the first two babies it delivered were named Luke and Leia.

2 comments:

Real Men Eat Haggis said...

Hopefully you got your ribs at the Montgomery Inn

Victorino Matus said...

Dear Real Men Eat Haggis:

I did and they were phenomenal! I didn't even need teeth, though I did need a bib. And speaking of haggis, there was a Scottish restaurant downtown that I was certain served it. Next time...