Monday, November 14, 2005

Brendon Donnelly, AWOL

In anticipation of the trash-talking I've got coming my way from Cowboy Superfan Jenny, I decided to go looking for her former partner, my Blog Crush Brendon Donnelly. I couldn't find him, but I did find a link to his old, old, old site, which had this very excellent list of the top 10 movie trailers of all time. Best line:
#7 Heat--Would probably be higher if not for the fawning voice over, some guy talkin about Pacino and De Niro like they’re gonna shield him from the rapture. Not that they aren’t brilliant here, they are. And god almighty is this thing beautiful. Film can be art, this proves it. Michael Mann could be Terrence Malick if he were boring and in love with exposition. He even kept the cast out of make-up to keep the look real. Great score by Moby and a glimpse of the best gun fight ever put on film.

That's right. I do what I do best. I take scores.

(Note: The trailer list is safe for work, but the site's main page probably isn't. You remember how Brendon was about his girlfriend, M.M.)

If anyone knows Donnelly's whereabouts, I'd like to hear about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get confused. I know Jenny does IDLYITW. I forget who does The Superficial now. Doesn't Brendon do WWTDD (www.wwtdd.com) ?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is correct. Brendon likes boys now, and girls who look like boys. So if you fit into either one of those categories, you have a good chamce with your blog crush. Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

So why did he leave IDLYITW? He just disappeared...

Jenny said...

You know you'd much rather talk about Monday Night Football.

I heart Roy Williams.

Anonymous said...

Ah, that Jenny, kitten with a whip. Yow. Shame about her taste in football teams. Hail to those Redskins...

Anonymous said...

His site is www.wwtdd.com, and has been for awhile. It's hilarious, even better than his stuff on IDLYITW or The Superficial (which blows now).