Monday, November 15, 2004

Bou, You Whore

Blogger/ex-barista Kathleen Nelson goes on the funniest and most informative blog tirade I've read in months. It's about the difference between Starbucks and Caribou. I won't tell you whose side she's on, but the essay culminates in this cri de coeur:

"Honestly, some days it was like being a sommelier at a five star restaurant and having to convince people that no, Night Train is not what wine is supposed to taste like."

I understand that Kathy's blog isn't solely about coffee-related matters, but maybe it should be. I need to know what her position is on Illy.

[You're not calling this nice lady a "whore," are you? -ed No, you doofus; rent Mean Girls.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Question for Nelson re: "It's crap." Do you mean Illy or Mean Girls? I'd have to disagree on both counts.