Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Bad News

is that The Inside is on the way out.

The good news is that Tim Minear looks on the bright side:
When I spoke to one my cast members about this, he offered that I must "be crushed." I'm not. This is pretty much what I expected, which doesn't mean I didn't pour every bit of energy, time and care I had into 13 episodes for the last year. I never consider it a waste of time. Or a waste of, well, their money. DVDs have changed a lot. If I end up being some little Americanized BBC, churning out limited series for DVD, and the people who employ me want to keep handing over 20 or 30 million dollars for me to do that, then I'll be perfectly content. There's something nice about being able to go from a hard drinking space western to a hard drinking whimsical comedy to a hard drinking abyss peering noir.

Update, 4:11 p.m.: Erasmus puts it well: "Fox continues its self-designated rĂ´le as the network most willing to put on interesting, unusual series and then yank them far too quickly."

No comments: