Friday, March 18, 2005

Tomorrow's Counterintuition Today!

Remember when I asked what the next anti-Pope arguments would be? Galley Friend C.L. is on the case:
The next bit of counterintuitive cleverness regarding the Pope will be that JPII actually prolonged the life of communism in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. Only 5% of Poles were in Glasnost; he gave the other 95% a fixed point to rally against; only with the rise of moderate forces within the Soviet Union (read: Gorbachaev) was compromise possible; here are some quotes from former communist flunkies; QED. Watch for it.

Quick, get Kinsley on line one!

1 comment:

Matt said...

It's pretty rich when the guy who penned "The Case For the Empire" rips on a guy for relying on counterintuition. I'm just saying.