Thursday, May 19, 2005

In the Name of Love

I guess you can call this a rebuttal of sorts. With regard to my colleague's recent posting of Lisa de Moraes's column, I am slightly offended by its tone. Sure de Moraes has some hilarious quips about the death of 60 Minutes II, but her condescending over the accomplished thespian Jennifer Love Hewitt is uncalled for. Has de Moraes not seen Can't Hardly Wait, or Love's critical turn in I Know What You Did Last Summer? And while I am at it, where is the Emmy she so rightly deserved for her stunning portrayal of Audrey Hepburn? I always knew Love had mounds of talent ever since I first laid eyes on the budding star in the uproarious comedy House Arrest. She was an indispensable element on Party of Five--note how the show was cancelled only after she left. And do I need to remind critics that Love is also a terrific singer whose song "Bare Naked" deserved a Grammy? This new show on CBS can only increase our appreciation of ghostbusting. Columnists like de Moraes need to do a better job keeping readers abreast of this fine actress's career. Either on film, in music, or on the boob tube. (I know what you're thinking. I've milked this for what it's worth.)

3 comments:

bob jones said...

I may perhaps have missed an aside, but how could you not sing the praises of "Heartbreakers," where JLH had a star turn opposite the beautiful-but-in-a-different-way Sigourney Weaver?

Duane said...

This post definately aroused my curiosity but I´m not quite sure why. I wish I could say the reason were right on the tip of my tounge but that may be a bit wishful on my part....

Anonymous said...

I'd nail that chick in a heartbeat.

Brian Moore