Friday, February 25, 2005

Sick Leave Addendum

First off, thanks for the email wishes for my speedy recovery.

Secondly, I did want to mention one other movie I did watch the other night, this time in the company of my wife: Fatal Attraction. We had both seen it before but this time around, it struck me as more creepy than erotic. (I first saw it when I was in high school and what resonated the most was the sturdiness of the kitchen sink. Moen. Buy it for looks. Buy it for sex.) There was also no question (at least for me) that Anne Archer is hotter than Glenn Close. That said, Close's portrayal of Alex Forrest was terrifying. By day she was a professional (wait--wasn't she an editor?!) and by night, she was certifiable.

"Let that serve as a cautionary tale," warned the Mrs. I said the same goes for her, if, um, she decides to have an affair with a lesbian who may turn out to be psycho.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vic, too much fun on the cruise?...When I originally saw the movie, I went down for the count when Glenn came out of the tub. I have yet to see the end of the movie. Spookie, indeed.
Tim Kling
Kitty Hawk, NC

Anonymous said...

That said, Close's portrayal of Alex Forrest was terrifying. By day she was a professional (wait--wasn't she an editor?!) and by night, she was certifiable.


Funny line.

Anonymous said...

"...Anne Archer is hotter than Glenn Close..."

A master at aplomb (and wise beyond your years at that!).